American Airlines Center JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Current available jobs in Facility Operations/Security/Event Management:
CREATING MEMORABLE EXPERIENCES TOGETHER…
Is integrity a part of who you are at the core? Are you excited by what can be accomplished through teamwork? Do you have a passion for creating memorable experiences through excellence? At American Airlines Center, we value our employees and what they bring to the company, but more importantly to the guest experience.
Operates, inspects, tests, adjusts, repairs and balances heating, cooling, refrigeration and ventilating systems in the facility. Performs operation and maintenance of climate control refrigeration, fire suppression systems, food service exhaust and cooking support systems and ammonia ice equipment. Performs and assists with all new and ongoing maintenance and repair work to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and required event schedules.
- Operates HVAC equipment following facility specific guidelines
- Operates, trends and manages the digital controller based Building Management System (BMS) utilizing the operating system resources and experimental data
- Completes preventive, reactive and predictive maintenance schedules and maintains records of work performed in order to minimize the down time and reduce operational expense of all climate control and refrigeration equipment
- Assists with work performed by outside contractors, inspects and verifies the work upon completion
- Studies system blueprints, specifications, and performance data to determine proper configuration and purpose of all system components such as chiller, boilers, motors, pumps, fans, switches, digital and pneumatic controllers, network devices, ducts, or pipes
- Inspects system according to facility and manufactures recommendations to verify system compliance with plans and specifications and to detect malfunctions in system component parts
- Tests performance of air and hydronic systems to isolate problems and determine and perform adjustments
- Utilizes Computer based Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) for tracking and scheduling equipment and facility maintenances and repair
- Conducts maintenance and troubleshoots domestic water and soft water loops, mechanical and plumbing systems including wet and dry sprinkler fire suppression systems
- Performs daily and scheduled maintenance to system components, including belts, filters, cleaning, DX and pneumatic controllers
- High School Diploma/GED required; Associate’s Degree from a two-year college or technical school a plus
- 5+ years of experience in repair and operation of commercial/industrial HVAC and public assembly facility systems and equipment including extensive demonstrable knowledge of computerized building management systems, Seimens and Johnson Controls a plus.
- Must have extensive experience in operation and maintenance of large tonnage (1,000+tons) chillers and associated chilled water systems. Multiple chiller central plant is preferred
- Must have extensive hands on operation of Building Operating Systems in a multi-facility campus or multi-story complex. Metasys preferred.
- Digital control and sequencing operation and knowledge is required
- Provable knowledge and experience in troubleshooting and repairing chilled water systems, natural gas systems, and ammonia based refrigeration systems
- Knowledge and experience in the operation and maintenance of split systems, DX units, and the daily operation and maintenance of VAV boxes, fan coil units and large CFM (10,000 to 100,000 CFM) air handlers
- Hands on broad based experience in pump and motor diagnoses, alignment, maintenance and operation
- Advanced school based training in programming and controls usage for BMS system operations
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- EPA Universal
Other Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, machinery, installation methods, and standards associated with heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems;
- Ability to plan, supervise, and evaluate the work of subordinate personnel involved in HVAC work
- Ability to accurately estimate the man-hours and materials for HVAC and mechanical projects
- Ability to read, write, and keep accurate records of work performed
- Ability to operate a variety of office machines including typewriter, microcomputer, copier, and fax
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and other standard HVAC formulas and calculations
The qualified individual personifies our core values of INTEGRITY, TEAMWORK, PASSION, and EXCELLENCE at all times.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
- Ability to stand, walk, use hands to handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; Ability to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception
- Ability to respond on an immediate basis during normal business hours, after hours and on weekends via mobile phone is required/company phone allowance is provided on bi-weekly basis as compensation for this job requirement/employee must purchase mobile phone and service plan of their own choosing with responsibility for the repair and/or replacement of the phone when they are not at work
- Position is required to work in exposed wet and/or humid conditions
- Position is required to work near moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat and risk of electrical shock
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, during events the noise level may be loud
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT – JOB ACCOMODATION REQUESTS
Any individual who requests a job accommodation due to a physical or mental impairment will require a dialogue with Human Resources to determine if the individual can perform the essential duties of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. Medical documentation will be required to support any request for medical restrictions that impact job duties.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ