Sales & Marketing: Sales & Marketing Management
Chief Revenue Officer - Sales - American Airlines Center (Dallas, TX)
Job Title: Chief Revenue Officer - Sales
Reports To: Ownership Executive Committee
Responsible to provide leadership and direction in assessing and developing long-term revenue strategies, along with the creation and management of organizational structures to support those strategies, based upon analytics, empirical data, and input from our team partners. Primary focus is to increase revenue through the development and implementation of strategic business plans and sales programs that will maximize long-term agreements for luxury seating and corporate sponsorships for the American Airlines Center, Dallas Mavericks, and Dallas Stars. Position requires a seasoned and progressive C-Suite executive with a high energy level and strong work ethic, who can envision untapped potential and translate that vision into strategic sales objectives and new revenue streams. Position requires a commitment to the company’s needs, mission, philosophy and core values.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Designs and implements organizational structure of sales positions that can deliver measurable, results-oriented successes within budgetary considerations;
• Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term financial growth.
• Researches, analyzes, and monitors financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
• Leads and mentors the sales team to generate and maintain revenue, create new inventory, and develop new partnership opportunities over the long-term;
• Supervises direct reports in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training, as well as planning, directing and assigning work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues ;
• Establishes, monitors and schedules strategic sales plans that are comprehensive, realistic and effective in achieving goals, taking into account deadlines, budget limits, forecasting and utilization of proper resources;
• Actively networks to build relationships with C-Suite executives from local and regional business communities;
• Partners with Marketing to access all available branding and marketing techniques and technologies to bolster and support sales objectives.
• Ensures effective control of sales/services results and takes corrective action to guarantee that the achievement of sales/series objectives falls within and exceeds designated budgets.
• Documents work through the preparation of sales activity reports and presents to CEO and CFO.
• Insures highest levels of service to our customers, guests and vendors.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from accredited four-year college or university is required, preferably in Business Administration; Sports Management, or other related curriculum;
• Minimum of 8 years related sales experience in C Suite business development/sales, preferably in a sports, entertainment, or related field; other backgrounds may be considered given proven record of success
• Minimum of 5 years in managerial/supervisory role at an Executive Level position
• Proven career history of record-breaking achievements in sales at the executive level;
• Strong strategic planning, consultative and analytical skills.
• Strong experience in Microsoft Suite for presentations and reports
Other Skills, Abilities, and Attributes
• Able to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents, as well as apply mathematical applications to establish facts, problem-solve, and draw valid conclusions;
• Must be innovative thinker and forecaster, unafraid to propose process-improvement techniques and implement new strategies and in an ever-shifting environment.
• Able to inspire others by example with a willingness to share and to mentor members of his/her team;
• Must be an intelligent and adroit communicator, able to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations to individuals, top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors;
• Must be customer-service oriented, have a fan-friendly attitude and a professional appearance at all times;
To be successful in this position, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Envisions needs and implements action prior to challenges occurring
Manages competing demands;
Works well under pressure;
Makes studied adjustments in response to frequent changes, delays or unexpected events. Analytical-
Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Reads, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Defines issues, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions from collected data.
Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy;
Builds and values a diverse workforce;
Treats people with respect;
Works ethically and with integrity;
Upholds organizational values, policies and procedures;
Maintains confidentiality of all information, as necessary. Business Acumen-
Understands business implications of decisions;
Demonstrates ability to act as liaison to community to meet needs;
Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition;
Develops workable implementation plans;
Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities;
Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
Communicates changes effectively;
Monitors transition and evaluates results;
Delegates work assignments, matching responsibility to appropriate person;
Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities to insure accountability;
Makes self available to staff;
Provides regular performance feedback and develops team members’ skills and encourages feedback. Communication Skills-
Speaks clearly and persuasively; responds well to questions;
Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Reads and interprets written information;
Responds to common inquiries or sensitive complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Creates and delivers persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
Develops project plans;
Gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
Completes plans on time and within budget;
Communicates changes and progress;
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Visionary Leadership-
Provides vision and inspiration to customers, potential customers, peers, and all members of the sales team;
Inspires respect and trust.
Position requires ability to speak, stand, walk, sit, hear, and use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms,
Position requires ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and night vision.
Position requires presence at games and third party events, including nights and weekends
Incumbent must respond on an immediate basis during normal business hours, after hours and on weekends via mobile phone. Employees with this phone access requirement are not restricted in their movement, location, and activities during off hours when they are not at work.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; however, during events, the noise level may be loud.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.